Academic Administration Experience
Manage information technology, education technology, and library media services. Coordinate library media specialists and technology teachers district-wide. Provide technology resources to support technology integrated lessons. Meet regularly with faculty and administration to ensure needs are being met.
- Developed and coordinate a middle school Ethical Hacking club
- Support Girls Who Code program through website development training
- Partner instruct AP Computer Science I during the final project, for development of the new District Technology website
- Implemented and provide training for a one-to-one program in the intermediate and middle schools using Chromebooks
- Designed and support a devices-on-demand program using iPads for the elementary school
- Established and support a high school Bring-Your-Own-Device program allowing students to bring a device from home or retain their Chromebook after 8th grade
- Created and support the development of the Common Elements of Learning, a merging of the ISTE and AASL standards
- Enhance the learning commons in each school by supporting the implementation of flexible space and devices that are grade appropriate
- Partner with operations/facilities teams for seamless implementation of new security systems district-wide
Managed information technology, education technology, library media services and security teams. Coordinated library media specialists and technology teachers district-wide. Provided technology resources to support technology integrated lessons. Met regularly with high school faculty to create technology integrated lessons. Coordinated school security committee including contracted security guards and implemented new security procedures and infrastructure enhancements district-wide.
- Implemented Google Apps for Education enhancing student and teacher collaboration
- Established a print management program to reduce costs by over $100,000
- Developed a vision and implementation plan for the Library Learning Commons
- Coordinated strategic development and integration of technology and curriculum
- Developed assistive technology plans for students in partnership with special education staff
- Established Elementary Skype Classrooms
- Implemented Chromebooks for all grade levels supporting the district’s BYOD initiative
- Reengineered and enhanced server and desktop virtualization projects
- Engineered new Network Operations Center to provide greater infrastructure stability
- Developed enhanced school security plan and reengineered school perimeter security
- Implemented a new student information system, PowerSchool
- Integrated new website into PowerSchool and Google Apps for Education
Managed facilities, human resources, information technology, finance, and library media services. Coordinated library media specialists and technology teachers district-wide. Administered multi-million-dollar self-insured health benefits program for school district. Represented school district at First Selectman’s meetings. Reviewed all job descriptions based on Baldridge National Quality Program methodology. Created technology-integrated lessons for grade 8-12 curriculum. Co-instructed technology integrated lesson for grade 8-12 teachers across most subjects. Oversaw town-wide shared services program.
- Fostered feedback and parent/staff engagement by implementing suggestion box
- Streamlined employment process involving human resources/finance workflow and utilizing checklists
- Participated in labor negotiations with professional and paraprofessional staff
- Established new K-8 typing curriculum focusing on learning skills in third grade
- Developed new K-12 Internet (online) safety curriculum using iSafe as core component
- Boosted efficiency by implementing online work order process for facilities requests and tracking
- Reduced software licensing costs via open source programs that continued to support curriculum goals
- Created student email program using Google Apps for K-12 Education
- Achieved and maintained efficiency and excellent customer service by developing performance management protocols
Established and maintained advisory board for program curriculum. Collaborated with faculty to enhance curriculum for all program courses. Briefed Board of Education on status of infrastructure and usage, including cost avoidance, operational vulnerability, and economic assessments. Advocated for installation of SMART Boards in all classrooms with additional SMART Senteo use in classrooms. Developed lessons to integrate technology in classroom, and ensured technology was available. Migrated district from SASI to PowerSchool and enabled parent access functionality to improve home/school communication. Created IT internship program with local colleges.
- Reduced response time from 72 to within 24 hours for more than 90% of all system requests, resulting in higher productivity per technician
- Rewrote district acceptable use policy aligned with 21st century social skills and technologies.
- Supported distance learning in high school and middle school by implementing hardware/software for videoconferencing solution
- Installed internal video system to provide all district schools with access to education channel.
- Managed merged (shared services) IT department for town, police department, and public schools to reduce and control expenses
- Reduced costs by $600 per new computer via vendor negotiation, which amounted to $120,000 annually, district wide as part of yearly replacement strategy
- Decreased electrical costs and electrical requirements by implementing N-Computing thin client technology in elementary classrooms
Developed class schedules and faculty teaching assignments. Observed, evaluated, and assisted faculty members to develop classroom management styles
- Lead 3 departments consisting of 28+ educators
- Continuously enhanced curriculum for all program courses, in collaboration with faculty
As member of New Jersey Abbott School Technology Council, led development of educational standards in new technologies and teacher technology resources. Created infrastructure design, recommendations for data warehousing, vendor evaluations, classroom management, and multi-cultural education development. Evaluated curriculum and technical structure of new middle schools, reporting to Director of Technology for State of New Jersey. Implemented new security policies to comply with federal/state regulatory guidelines for data security and child protection.
- Developed and administered 2 donation-based technology awards for students from school superintendent and Mayor of West New York.
- Acquired $2,450,000+ in new money from 3 federal and state grants and 4 corporate donations including Verizon and Dell.
- Increased computer availability in classrooms to surpass state requirements. Decreased ratio of students to computers from a 7:1 ratio to a 4:1 ratio.
- Reduced department budget spending in first year by $1.2+ million.
- Negotiated with district board members for multiple-year contracts for IS staff
- Chaired Superintendent’s Advisory Council and guided district-wide discussions on technology and education, covering curriculum, technology integration into classroom and curriculum, classroom management, and multi-cultural education development.
- Co-chaired district committee on No Child Left Behind and represented district on state committee for new reporting requirements of educational statistics
Instruct graduate level students in an online setting. Teach education technology courses.
- Develop curriculum and lessons for Leadership in Educational Technology, Classroom Technology Integration, and Learning Design and Technology programs
- Course instructor and designer for Technology and Tranformational Culture, Survey of Innovation in Technology and Learning and Supporting Educational Technology in K-12 Schools
Instruct students in online, hybrid, and traditional settings. Teach Introduction to Computer Science
- Infuse 21st century skills, such as social networking into curriculum
- Support the college’s introduction of Google Apps for Education
Instructed students in online, hybrid, and traditional settings. Taught Contemporary Issues, Critical Thinking, Sociology, Workstation OS Management, Psychology, College Success, Network Systems & Design, Web Design II, Introduction to Databases, and Network Design I/II courses
- Developed new course curriculum for traditional and online classes
Created online curriculum for graduate and undergraduate-level technology courses in self-paced format
Taught professional development courses to faculty from multiple school districts. Courses included Introduction to Computer Technology, Multimedia Classroom Applications, Basics to Windows 98, Computer Conferencing as Instructional Strategy, Expanding Your Business on the WWW, Mastering/Troubleshooting the Macintosh, Introduction to the Internet and Beyond, Computerizing Your Home Office, and Online Services: “What’s Out There?”, and Computer Education for Children
- Designed state-of-the-art computer training lab
- Enhanced collaboration within region by supporting online BBS (Bulletin Board Service)
Upgraded from Pegasus email to Microsoft Exchange Server. Installed new town-wide financial system. Created new website based on community and employee feedback
- Increased efficiency and equipment up time by implementing server monitoring system
- Improved IT support response time by providing remote access support
- Planned and led $140,000 project to relocate primary network operations center to stand alone building
Developed new police department website based on department needs. Trained in NIMS (National Incident Management System)
- Installed and configured AFIS computer using state police requirements to improve booking process
- Implemented “Code Red” town-wide emergency notification system
Designed advanced systems architecture, network security, and broadband and mobile communications for businesses, non-profits, educational and financial institutions
- Established educational online network consisting of school districts across 3,000 miles with regional training facility in the Northeast
- Designed and installed a national, multi-platform intranet
Volunteer Leadership Experience
Founder of the State of Connecticut COSN Chapter. Through this organization represent education technology leaders on various State panels. Partnered with the State superintendent’s association to ensure a constant flow of communication, shared resources and to ensure appropriate support is provided throughout the State to all school districts
- Design and Manage State Conference
- Raised over $30,000 in philanthropic funds in the first year
- Developed State mentoring program for education technology leaders
- Coordinated a sustainable non-profit model that continues to receive over $40,000 in philanthropic funds yearly
- Created a community-based program to support families in supporting young digital citizens
- Sponsored and lead a state cohort in obtaining the Trusted Learning Environment seal to show student privacy awareness
- Championed and advocated for digital equity throughout the State by introducing new programs to support all schools in cooperation with the State Commission on Education Technology